Monday, May 19, 2008

Red Deer, Calgary, Edmonton

After a few missed turns, we finally got over the bridge and out of Calgary toward Red Deer. Up the road we were astonished to find a rest area that had dry camping sites for a fee and washrooms with showers.

In Red Deer while looking for a bank to get some Canadian Cash, I spied a Michael's!!! Yes, I did go in to shop. When I asked for this week's sales flier I got a blank look. then a cashier said they only have a items on sale every other week so this week nothing was on sale. She then handed me a 'friends & family' coupon for 25% off my total purchases, and a coupon for 50% off one item starting this Saturday and good through next Friday, by which time we should be in Anchorage.

Arriving in Edmonton around noon and after several trips around the block, we were able to get into the scrapbooking store I had found online. The square footage is no as big as I had thought, but she had lots and lots of stamp sets, stickers, loose paper and coordinated its. Then it was on to Fort Edmonton which we found out wasn't going to open for three more day with a carnival.