Sunday, October 19, 2008

Getting on the Road, Again!

9 a.m. and we're finally ready to roll - or are we? Wait! I forgot my keys!!! Now we can leave; no, wait! I forgot to pack several pairs of shorts. Now, I've gotten that taken care of so we can leave. No, wait! Did I put the a/c on 80 degrees and 'hold'? Return to the house and check to find that I did do it.
Now we are headed to Ace Hardware to get propane, seven miles to the south. While the man is filling the tank, I can't remember if I'd put the cell phone in my purse. When he finished, I got back in the RV and ,yes, I did have the cell phone and also double checked that I had the camera.
Now we're are ready to travel west about five miles to Cumberland Farms for a gas fill-up. Frank decides he needs to drive four miles back toward home in order to get the unit to make the brake lights and turn signals to work. He got the wrong one the first try and had to return to the store to exchange it for the correct one. Now the brake lights work but we still don't have any turn signals. Oh, well. it must be they have a separate unit but where under the dash we don't know so we'll worry about them later.
O. K., it's now 10:40 a.m. and we're finally on I-95 headed north out of Florida.
Hours later outside Marianna, FL, we stopped at Florida Caverns State Park and found out they don't have any RV sites available so they referred us to Arrowhead RV Park in town where we had stayed before when we came this way going to San Diego two years ago. This park has not changed. They are nearly full because they have their for-sale units occupying the sites and most sites are not very level. They are also selling RVs and it appears they don't really care about the park conditions. It looks like they are reworking a large section of the park expansion (or maybe just upgrading).